Korean skincare and beauty have become the hottest topics in the beauty industry. Everyone is talking about it and is obsessed with it. You may think that it is complicated, expensive or it takes too much time. But that is not the case. It is fun, easy to follow and easy on your pocket.
So, why is it that people are crazy about K-beauty? It is simply because Koreans are much more demanding customers in skincare and beauty. Their standards are set high and that is why the Korean beauty industry is booming and constantly innovating to keep up with customer demands. Besides this, women from Korea are very dedicated to a proper skincare routine that helps them keep their skin looking flawless. They spend twice as much of their income as compared to other women on beauty and skincare products. This helps the industry in basically funding whatever research they do for innovation.
So, what is K-Beauty?
Anything and everything that is influenced by the Korean skincare routine and products imported from the country itself comes under K-Beauty. There are thousands of Korean beauty products on the market and the number is ever increasing with the rising demand. New products are continuously introduced to keep up with customer requirements.
Top 5 reasons K-beauty is taking over the world
- Unique ingredients – Korean beauty products contain not only some very effective Western ingredients but some also have certain traditional Korean medicinal ingredients. Snail mucin, ginseng root, jayangboeumdan (oriental medicinal herbs), and bee venom are some of the unique ingredients in Korean beauty products. And a blend of such ingredients is used to create formulations that will ensure that you get the best possible result unmatched by other products in the market.
- Constant innovation – This is one industry in Korea constantly innovating new formulations and products to fulfil ever-changing consumer needs. There have been some exceptional innovative products like BB cream and the cushion compact. They originated in Korea and are now loved worldwide. Each of the Korean beauty products come in an excellent, visually appealing packaging. Most importantly, all the products focus on ease of application and use.
- Gentle formulations – the K-Beauty products use some of the best naturally available ingredients inspired by the local culture and heritage. Most brands avoid using any harsh chemicals in any of their products and rely on mainly natural ingredients that do not harm the skin.
- Total repair – Beauty needs to be maintained not only from the outside but from the inside as well. This is the Korean philosophy with skincare products. All the products target a healthy, hydrated and properly nourished skin to give you truly radiant skin. It is not just about making the outer skin layer appear radiant, the skin should be flawless.
- Value for money – With the extent of competition amongst K-beauty brands, the prices of beauty products is never too high. And most importantly, with the reduced prices, there is no compromise on the quality of the products. New products are available at low prices even though they use the top-quality ingredients.